Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jordana: 1, Evil Bar of Doom: 0

There was a birthday in my office today, which inevitably means birthday treats for general consumption on the Evil Bar of Doom.  I was able to avoid walking past it all day so I couldn't even tempt myself with the knowledge of what treat was there.

And then my co-worker popped into my office and said, "Look!  Cupcakes!", waving a grocery-store chocolate cupcake at me with one hand as she licked scrumptious looking frosting off the fingers of the other.  GRRRR.

But fear not, loyal 3 or 4 readers: after dining on my favorite breakfast of the homemade toast, almond butter and banana followed by a tofu salad (with just olive oil and balsamic as my dressing) for lunch and half an 100% organic all-natural oatmeal raisin cookie from Hannah's Bretzel as a snack, I was overjoyed to remember that I had an organic apple in the fridge.  Sugar craving quenched by thinking ahead.  One step forward! Let's hope I don't take a step back later, and that any remaining cupcakes will be in the trash by the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment