Saturday, February 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Oat Clusters **RECIPE ALERT**

I know, I know, I know.  I've been bitching and moaning about having Au Naturale sweet treats at work to combat the Evil Bar of Doom.  Yet I've never actually made any.

Behold the Benevolent Snack of Redemption!  I've been sitting on the ingredients to make this for a while and I'm now kicking myself that I haven't done it before. It is so ridiculously easy-- and fast-- I will never hesitate to make repeats.  Even with the time that it just took to sit in the fridge to harden, this was less than a half hour.  And I'm someone who always needs twice the time to cook anything.  I even took a pic of the complete ingredient list:

I didn't need the microwave, though


I've posted the recipe as written below, but I did make some substitutions.  Specifically, I used skim milk instead of 1% and almond butter instead of peanut butter.  No fancy reason why- I just simply didn't have the other two on hand. Also, I recommend using a small saucepan; I used my big one and kept pushing everything to one corner so it would all mix completely.  Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Oat Clusters

Ingredients:
2 tbs 1% lowfat milk
2 tbs peanut butter
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup hand-rolled oats

Directions:
1. Heat milk, peanut butter, and chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat for 3 minutes or until chocolate has melted.
2. Stir in rolled oats.  Remove from heat.
3. Using a spoon, ice cream scoop, or mellon baller, scoop 8 clusters onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet.  Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until hardened




all ingredients melting in the pan

completed clusters

clusters... close up!

No comments:

Post a Comment