Saturday, August 13, 2011

Green Pepper!

Look! Look look look!


(and yes, that is indeed a shark slipper in the background)

What you see there, my friends, is the first official pepper out of my Earthbox. This has made me unbelievably excited: due to the crazy windy storms we've had here throughout the summer, so many of the fresh buds on my pepper plants have been blown off that my crop is coming in late and very slowly. This is in sharp contrast to last year's cucumber harvest. I couldn't keep up with those guys.

The good news is another green pepper is about ready to be picked, a yellow is coming along nicely, and I've seen a good 3 or 4 reds that have started to form. My first poblano is coming in too, with a ton of flowers that are just ready to pop. Please, crazy winds, pleeeeease hold off!

Not the most insightful post, but I was just happy to share. You will be pleased to know that shortly after this picture was taken and I had tasted an unadulterated slice (delicious!!), this pepper gave its life to be part of an egg scramble with onion, tomato, and goat cheese with some toast and butter on the side. And of course, every single ingredient was fresh from the market or farm box.  Au Naturale all the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment