Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Milestone

Let it be known that on Monday, August 22, 2011 at 4:10pm, I had my first sip of "regular" soda for the first time in all of 2011.

I was slightly disappointed in myself- I was hoping to never drink one of those things ever again. However, having been quite ill for no apparent reason the night before (funky stomach pains? Food poisoning? Allergic to relaxing vacations?) and still feeling a little shaky with a 10-plus hour car ride ahead of me, I needed to find the nearest can of ginger ale.

It was also pointed out to me that come the end of 2011, I can most likely truthfully say that I only drink one to two cans of soda a year. Certainly better than the average American. For that, I will forgive myself yesterday's indiscretion.

3 comments:

  1. Note: Medicinal use of soda doesn't count on your permanent record. Seriously. In two years I've only had one sprite, and it was to calm my stomach after food poisoning. But that doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. plus, ginger ale is not coke. and i'm guessing if you hunted, you could find ginger ale made with all ingredients you can pronounce. which might even make it semi-AN?

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually, Sara, it is as bad as coke: carbonated water, HFCS, caramel color, preservatives. I have found all-natural ginger ale when ill before, but we were on the road and hunting around was not an option.

    ReplyDelete