Friday, April 1, 2011

Addendum to "tee hee hee" Post

Just a short while ago a gaggle of girls in the office were making an excited ruckus about something.  As the ruckus eventually made its way over to my office at the end of the hall, one of the girls jumped into my doorway clutching the box of donut holes, now half-empty.

"Did you try one of these yet?" she asked excitedly.

"Yes, actually," I responded.  "I brought them in."

"It was YOU?!?!" she shrieked. "Hey," she called down the hallway, "It was Jordana who brought them!" I heard a few more, shall I say, accusatory shrieks (ie "it was Jordana!") and then another girl came bolting over.

Alarmed, I asked if anything was wrong.

"Oh, my God," said the second girl. "These are the most amazing things I've ever eaten!  Where in the world did you get them? I keep checking the ingredient list to see if some sort of illicit drug is in there."

I told them about the Amish stand I found during lunch, and after many more superlatives they huddled around the box and held it close to their breast as they slinked back to their desks, ready to fend off anyone who would dare take their new-found Super Donuts.

Hmm, something Au Naturale tasting better?  I've never seen such a reaction over a box of Dunkin' Donuts.  Just sayin'.

True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment