Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Articles That Scare... and Re-Affirm

I've run across the following articles recently and wanted to share them.  They not only re-affirm that this Au Naturale path I've chosen is the right one for me, but also confirm the suspicions I've had on how the way our food is manufactured affects our health as well as the subsequent research I've done to prove those suspicions.  Depressing, perhaps?  Yes, but at least I know that my efforts will have tangible health results and are not in vain. To me, that's not so much depressing as it is encouraging: (click on the title to get to the article)

Study: 25% of Beef has Drug-Resistant Bacteria
-If we raised our meat in ways that didn't have them crowded together in unsanitary conditions, while feeding them food that they are not biologically designed to digest, we wouldn't need to shoot them up with antibiotics to which they then develop resistant strains, right?

Arsenic in Chicken Feed: A Possible Cancer Cluster Source?
-You could argue that the cause of the cancer is still not proven... but I think it is completely safe to say that if chickens are eating arsenic, we too are eating arsenic when eating the chickens. And that's just bad, testicular cancer or no.

FDA recalls
-Not that I scan this link for fun... I saw a particular recall a few weeks ago and was trying to find it and got linked to this FDA recall list.  Less processing and more locally-sourced foods would probably eliminate the need for a running list... and a permanent link on major sites like MSN for something that is more often the rule rather than the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment